Sunday, November 30, 2008

Preparing for the big day.

Chance is soon turning 3 and preparations for his birthday party are underway. The theme is Trucks. Chance has really taken a liking to them. Im actually happy about that. I just finished making his Pinata shaped liked a Monster Truck, it was quite the undertaking. If I do it again, there are some things ill do differently. Seems I complicated the process a bit and ended up making it harder than necessary but atleast its done and the goal accomplished.... it looks like a truck. hehe. my worry now is,, will he or anyone be able to break it. I went crazy on the paste and layers.

Now its on to the balloon Pillars and arches. I visited a few places but they need more time to prepare so because one week is not sufficient time for them to make, i took it upon myself to learn how to make them. Task accomplished. I bought a couple hundred balloons (way too many) and completed my first pillar. It was surprisingly easy. I was happy about that. Chance loves the balloons, cant keep him from hugging the pillar and touching them. He walks near them and points and says "cute" "cute Balloons" I just chuckle.

I have a lifesize Truck Wall Mural that Im working on now. Its not quite life size but rather large. just finished making the wheels 3D on it and can now start finishing painting it. Will be interesting to see how it ends up. when complete it will hange in the garage area since the party is outdoors.

Here's the truck

Wall Decoration for Chance party.


Tomorrow its off to Milas Lechon for Catering services. Will finalize the menu for the buffet that they will cater at my home. I am not a Fan of Lechon ( Pig) but the residents here love it.

The Nanny has been tasked to help wrap the prizes for the games at the party. hehe.. she will love me for that... I hate wrapping, so she will be a big help.

I have hired a famous clown and Face painter to Come and host the party. They will do a magic show and entertain the kids.

I made homemade invitations for his celebration and have sent them out. Am hoping for a good turnout for his special day. Figure its probably the first he will remember, so I might as well go all out.

wish me luck, pictures to follow.

No comments: