Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fire in Pasig


Fire in Pasig
Originally uploaded by becre8tv
Electricity went out in my office. I went outside to see how many other buildings were impacted, only to learn that nearby a village was burning. 300 families homeless now. It was a chaotic scene, sirens everywhere, ashes from the fire falling in front of us as we were able to get that close. I saw an elderly lady sitting on a chair where I was watching them fight the fire. I was ready to bring her home, and then learned she had her family with her. That brought me some comfort knowing she wont be alone. I handed over my snacks that I was able to buy on the way to see fire at a nearby 7-11 so she could have something in her stomach. It was a sad night. Watching the families try to salvage their belongings. They lost everything.

No comments: